Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy 18th Birthday Bethy!

Amazing! Simply amazing! Today marks Bethy's 18th birthday. Eighteen! Can you believe that? Where has time flown to? It seems like yesterday that we first met her and she was only 15 then. Unbelievable! Happy Birthday Bethy! I wanna say, from all of us, thanks to Bethy for being a wonderful sister! You are so special and our family just would not be the same without you! We love you Bethy!





While going through some pictures of Bethy.... well, I came across all of these... So I'll just list some of the many attributes about Bethy that we all love and appreciate! 

She is good... no... she is great with kids! She listens to them and helps them and always has a smile on her face while doing it.

She is a good cook... haha... well... wait a minute... this picture is from the first parent appreciation dinner... when Dot and Bethy got the lasagna noodles stuck together :P Hehe... okk, even with that little incident she is still a wonderful cook... her food is always delicious!

She loves sugar! :) I don't think I have ever met some one with such a sweet tooth. He motto, "Just add sugar!" Haha, she adds it to anything if it doesn't have enough flavour, hence why she's so sweet :)

She can play the piano extremely well! Like WOW, Woah amazing well! It is always lovely to hear her play. 

She's goofy :) Hehe

She tackles any challenge! (She did a great job sewing that by the way!) 

She is adventurous! Ready try out anything new! Haha... yah... even BIG sunglasses!

Hehe... she's silly. She can make anyone laugh! :) 

She is a spectacular sister and friend! :)

She is a servant. Always ready to serve others in any way she can. I guess that could also be classified as humble. She always puts others above herself!

Like I said before, she is a GREAT older sister!! showing love to all of her younger siblings

I remember meeting Bethy in Massachusetts in May 2006, and thinking what a spectacular friend she was and how I couldn't wait to get to Mozambique to hang out with her! I was thanking God for having her and her family in Mozambique. And now... I'm still thanking God for having placed her in my life. She is a wonderful sister and friend! Very caring, kind, loving... etc! Thank you God for Bethy!!!!

Our family just would not be the same without Bethy! Thank you for all you've blessed us with Bethy! I hope that this year of being 18 will be a terrific one for you! We love you Bethy!

2 comments:

greenehouse2003 said...

Happy Birthday Sarah Beth!! You don't know me, but I attend one of the churches that supports your family, Grace Bible Chapel in San Antonio, TX. I have been praying for your family and also for you kids (ahem, "adults" now! LOL), including the Turnbull's. My prayer for you today is that you would be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding so that you may walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strenghthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of hte saints in light. (Col. 1:9-12) Please know that I am praying for you all today especially, and that if you ever desire to share any specific prayer requests (any of you guys), I am honored to pray for you all and will hold you up before our heavenly Father in your needs. I hope your day has been full of love and joy so far (are you about 9 hours ahead of us in CST? We lived in Germany for 3 years and that is 7 hours ahead) and that you truly feel how precious you are to all around you, and especially how precious you are as a child of God.
with love,
Mrs. Corrine Greene

Anonymous said...

ha ha totally agree with everything!!!! LOVE you bethy!!!!
Love zoe