Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Valentine's dinner

I (dot) wrote this huge update from when we did the Valentine's dinner for our parents on February 17th, but I never did post it, so I thought even though it's almost a month late, I would post it:-D

Friday- I love sleeping at their house because they wake up at 5am and run around their track:-D so I was wide awake at 5 and everyone else was like really tired, but ya, I ran two whole laps...and it's a big track:-P hahaha! So then after they ran we ate breakfast and we had...drumroll please....BLUEBERRY MUFFINS!!!! I was SOOO happy...they've had them for like two years from the states, but they were SO good!!!! I have been craving blueberry muffins:-P hahaha! After the scrumtious breakfast we had devotions and then we all got ready for the morning and Hannah, I, Sarah Beth, and Kent planned out the schedule and the couple quarrel (our version of Family Feud:-P) questions till lunch. And then after lunch me, Kent, and Hannah made decorations and Bethy was doing her school


and Gracie and Hannah made this really good bread

and Sarah Beth and I made Lasagna...but ya, we forgot to seperate the lasagna noodles while they were cooking, so they were all stuck together...but hey, we've never made lasagna before:-P hahaha! So ya, we spent about 1/2 an hour making lasagna and peeling (or trying to) the noodles apart;-) But it was fun!!!


then at about 6 our parents came, but we were still running around getting dressed and ready, so then at about 6:30 we brought them out onto the porch and it looked georgeous!

we had put up lights and decorated it and everyone did an awesome job! We were all dressed up and then we served the food and then we did this skit. It was about fairy tale people and cupid (Andrew), and all the fairy tale people loved someone except for little red riding hood (Sarah) Then cupid ended up falling in love with her:-) it was so cute! So the fairy tale people were...Goldilocks (Hannah), Cinderella (Bethy), Beauty (me), Pinochio (Ian), Aladin (the second), Peter Pan (Benaiah) red riding hood (Sarah) and cupid (Andrew). And Gracie was the Manager who was a, " Football player in my prime." After that was all done then we went inside and the adults played couple quarell and then this questionare game while us kids all watched and took pics:-)

Bethy and Andrew in their cool koolats


Hannah, Bethy, me, and Sarah


family pic


The parents


another family pic:-D


the hippies...of course we had to have hippies as some of the entertainment;-)


And that was our very fun Valentine's celebration:-D and the parents really enjoyed it!! yeah!!! great job family!!!

No comments: